Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Design Extends... from Fashion to Wedding Invitations


Once you get involved with the design process, you will be surprised to see how much it extends from one area of your life to another.

For example, when I cook or prepare food, I always think about the colors, textures, and flavors and how they all work together. This is the same process I use when planning a garment, choosing fabric or yarn, and then techniques I want to utilize.

As I have developed more computer skills, I've been able to extend my design to other areas, and it was for this reason I wanted to design and create the wedding invitations for my sons wedding.

Here you can see a few images, recording the special moments:

The "mothers" busily assembling and stuffing the invites



Kendra and Blake, getting their first view of the final invitation



No comments: