Friday, June 5, 2009

Small World... Meet Leah Taggart, Graeme and Lois


As I was writing my two books, I had the assistance of various people who did technical reading for me. One of these people was Leah Taggart. I had never met Leah, but she volunteered after reading a request for readers on an online list.

Leah lives in the Melbourne area of Australia. I had the fortune to meet her in April when I went to New Zealand to deal with Cochenille business. I ended the trip with a quick stop in Australia to visit my friends Graeme and Lois. I met Graeme about thirty years ago, traveling Europe, and we have stayed in touch ever since.

While in Melbourne, Leah and I managed to meet, which was a great please. Now, we are getting to the small world part.

During my visit with Leah, I offered her my home, to have and use while I am here in Verona. And guess what... she and her daughter will be coming in mid-June, and I will see them when I return. So, this is how the world of travelers work. I love it! New friends with similar interests, and new bonds.


As for small world with Graeme and Lois? Last summer I spent nearly two weeks with them here, in Italy.... touring around in a motor home. That is something I had never done.. but Tuscany by motor home? Well, who could resist. Those of you who know me, know the pace I tend to lead. Graeme took care of that the first day, but saying.. "Now here are the rules; we only do one thing a day. And sometimes that one thing, is moving from point A to point B." Needless to say, I learned how to slow down, relax, and enjoy life with a different view.

Small World....

No comments: