Monday, July 6, 2009

San Diego: A City of Beauty, Art, and Inspiration


Upon my return to San Diego, I had the pleasure of spending two days with my Australian house guests, Leah and Rachel. Leah was one of my proof-readers for the Photoshop and Illustrator books. She and her daughter Rachel came to house-sit for me while I was overseas, and we planned to have a few days overlap so I could have some time with them.

San Diego is such a beautiful city, full of exotic sights and plenty of inspiration. I took them to Balboa Park, which houses practically all the museums in San Diego. The park is breathtaking and the buildings (in Spanish style) are amazing. Meet Rachel (center) and Leah (right).

Here you see three shots taken at Balboa Park. I often go there to take photos to use in my various classes. The water lilies here had such a gorgeous palette, and pattern.





No comments: