Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Fiber and Care Label Humor

As a Professor of Textiles, I am always encouraging my students to read their fiber content and care labels. So, I want to share with you a label I looked at this evening, as I prepared to launder a dress for the first time (no more dry cleaning!!).

This is how the Fiber Content label read..
Garment Contains:
Body: 59% cotton, 28% cupro, 9% silk, 4% polyester
Lining: 100% Polyester

Garment May Soon Contain:
Grass, dirt, oil, paint sweat, tears, rain, mud, etc., but that is up to you.

And the Care Label said:
Washing Instructions (If you Must)
Dry clean.

For the record...
I placed it in a mesh bag to minimize the wear and tear in the washing machine. I laundered it on Gentle cycle with cold/cold wash and rinse. Hang to Dry. It came out fine.

No comments: