Monday, October 11, 2010

Pumpkins as Inspiration: Glass and Color



Last weekend, I spent time in the San Francisco bay area. One of the activities was visiting a pumpkin patch. But this was not a typical pumpkin patch. Rather, it was what I would call a couture version of a pumpkin patch.




Welcome to the world of glass art pumpkins. Everywhere you looked you saw inspiration and color. It was similar to being in a candy shop, and it certainly was a feast for the eyes.



So… began the search for my pumpkin… Below you can see some of the candidates. Instead of one larger one, I finally settled for a set of three smaller ones, and they have been dubbed, Larry, Curly and Moe. I’ll post of picture of them as we get closer to Hallowe’en. In the meantime, enjoy my shots of couture pumpkins.




No comments: